This press area provides members of the press with basic information about the GECF.
In accordance with the GECF Statute, the organization aims to support the sovereign rights of its Member Countries over their natural gas resources and their abilities to develop, preserve and use such resources for the benefit of their peoples, through the exchange of experience, views, information and co-ordination in gas-related matters.
The GECF is a gathering of the world’s leading gas producers and was set up as an international governmental organization with the objective to increase the level of co-ordination and strengthen the collaboration among Member Countries.
The Forum also seeks to build a mechanism for a more meaningful dialogue between gas producers and gas consumers for the sake of stability, as well as the security of supply and demand in global natural gas markets.
Ministers of GECF Member Countries
- HE Mustapha GUITOUNI Minister of Energy, Peoples Democratic Republic of Algeria
- HE Luis Alberto Sanchez Fernandez, Minister of Hydrocarbons, the Plurinational State of Boliva
- HE Eng. Tarek El Molla Minister of Petroleum and Mineral Resources, Arab Republic of Egypt
- HE Gabriel M. Obiang Lima, Minister of Mines and Hydrocarbons, the Republic of Equatorial Guinea
- HE Bijan Namdar Zanganeh, Minister of Petroleum, Islamic Republic of Iran
- HE Mossa Elkony, Vice President of The Presidency Council of The Government of National Accord, the State of Libya
- HE Dr Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, the Federal Republic of Nigeria
- HE Mohammed Bin Saleh Al-Sada, Minister of Energy and Industry, the State of Qatar
- HE Alexander Novak, Minister of Energy, the Russian Federation*President of MM
- HE Senator the Honourable Franklin Khan, Minister of Energy and Energy Industries, Republic of Trinidad and Tobago
- HE Suhail bin Mohammed Faraj Faris Al Mozrouei, Minister of Energy the United Arab Emirates
- HE Mr. Eulogio Del Pino People’s Minister for Petroleum and Mines, The People’s Minister of Petroleum and Mining of the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela
- HE Natiq Aliyev, Minister of Energy, the Republic of Azerbaijan
- HE Jabbar Ali Al-Luaibi, Minister of Oil, the Republic of Iraq
- HE Uzakbay Karabalin Minister of Oil and Gas, the Republic of Kazakhstan
- HE Henk Kamp- Minister of Economic Affairs, the Kingdom of the Netherlands
- HE Tord Lien, Minister of Petroleum & Energy, the Kingdom of Norway
- HE Mohammed Hamad Al-Rumhi, Minister of Oil and Gas, the Sultanate of Oman
- HE Mrs. Rosa Maria Ortiz Rios, Minster of Energy and Mines the Republic of Peru
Executive Board Members
- Mr. Mohamed Hamel, Executive Board of Peoples Democratic Republic of Algeria
- Mr. Carlos Alberto Torrico Borja, Executive Board of the Plurinational State of Boliva
- Mr. Osama Mobarez, Executive Board Member of the Arab Republic of Egypt
- Mr. Bonifacio Monsuy Nsue, Executive Board Member of the Republic of Equatorial Guinea*Chairman of Executive Board
- Mr. Hossein Kazempour Ardebili, Executive Board Member of the Islamic Republic of Iran
- Mr. Mohamed Mahemed.M.Oun Excuitve Board Member of the State of Libya
- Dr. Omar Farouk Ibrahim, Executive Board Member of the Federal Republic of Nigeria
- Mr. Mohammed Nasser Al-Hajri, Executive Board Member of the State of Qatar
- Mr. Roman Marshavin, Executive Board Member of the Russian Federation
- Mr. Selwyn Lashley, Executive Board Member of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago
- Mr. Matar Hamad Al Neyadi, Executive Board Member of the United Arab Emirates
- Mr. Douglas Sosa, Executive Board Member of the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela
- Representative of the Republic of Azerbaijan
- Mr. Hamed Younis Saleh, Representative of the Republic of Iraq
- Representative of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- Ms. Merei Wagenaar, Representative of the Kingdom of Netherlands
- Mr. Morten Anker, Representative of the Kingdom of Norway
- Mr. Ali Abdullah Al-Riyami, Representative of the Kingdom of The Sultanate of Oman.
- Eng Omar Chambergo, Representative of Republic of Peru
The Secretary General is appointed for a period of two years in accordance with the Statute; the current Secretary General is Seyed Mohammed Hossein Adeli, who assumed office on January 1, 2014.