This press area provides members of the press with basic information about the GECF.
In accordance with the GECF Statute, the organisation aims to support the sovereign rights of its Member Countries over their natural gas resources and their abilities to develop, preserve, and use such resources for the benefit of their peoples, through the exchange of experience, views, information, and coordination in gas-related matters.
The GECF is a gathering of the world’s leading gas producers and was set up as an international governmental organisation with the objective to increase the level of coordination and strengthen the collaboration among Member Countries.
The Forum also seeks to build a mechanism for a more meaningful dialogue between gas producers and gas consumers for the sake of stability, as well as the security of supply and demand in global natural gas markets.
Ministers of the GECF Member Countries
- HE Mohamed Arkab, Minister of Energy and Mines, People's Democratic Republic of Algeria
- HE Franklin Molina Ortiz, Minister of Hydrocarbons and Energies, Plurinational State of Bolivia *President of the Ministerial Meeting for 2021
- HE Eng Tarek El Molla, Minister of Petroleum and Mineral Resources, Arab Republic of Egypt
- HE Gabriel M. Obiang Lima, Minister of Mines and Hydrocarbons, Republic of Equatorial Guinea
- HE Eng Javad Owji, Minister of Petroleum, Islamic Republic of Iran
- HE Mohamed Mahemed M. Oun, Minister of Oil and Gas, State of Libya
- HE Timipre Sylva, Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Federal Republic of Nigeria
- HE Saad Sherida Al-Kaabi, Minister of State for Energy Affairs and Member of the Cabinet, State of Qatar
- HE Nikolai Shulginov, Minister of Energy, Russian Federation
- HE the Honourable Stuart Young, Minister of Energy and Energy Industries, Republic of Trinidad and Tobago
- HE Tareck El Aissami, People’s Minister for Petroleum, Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela
Ministers of the GECF Observer Countries
- HE Dr Diamantino Pedro Azevedo, Minister of Mineral Resources and Petroleum, Angola
- HE Parviz Shahbazov, Minister of Energy, Republic of Azerbaijan
- HE Ihsan Abdul Jabbar, Minister of Oil, Republic of Iraq
- HE Datuk Saiful Anuar Bin Lebai Hussen, Director General of Economic Planning Unit, Prime Minister's Department, Federation of Malaysia
- HE Marte Mjøs Persen, Minister of Petroleum and Energy, Kingdom of Norway
- HE Eduardo Gonzalez Toro, Minister of Energy and Mines, Republic of Peru
- HE Suhail bin Mohammed Faraj Faris Al Mazrouei, Minister of Energy and Infrastructure, United Arab Emirates
Executive Board Members
- Mr Mohamed Nassim Hallal, People's Democratic Republic of Algeria
- Mr Alvaro Arnez, Plurinational State of Bolivia
- Mr Osama Mobarez, Arab Republic of Egypt
- Mr Agustin Mba Okomo, Republic of Equatorial Guinea
- Mr Amir Hossein Zamaninia, Ad-hoc Member, Islamic Republic of Iran
- Mr Ahmed M. Elghaber, State of Libya
- Eng Saidu Aliyu Mohammed, Federal Republic of Nigeria
- Sheikh Mishal bin Jabor Al-Thani, State of Qatar
- Mr Alexander Tolparov, Russian Federation
- Ms Penelope Bradshaw-Niles, Republic of Trinidad and Tobago
- Eng Angel Gonzalez Saltron, Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela
The Secretary General is appointed for a period of two years in accordance with the Statute. The current Secretary General is Dr Yury P. Sentyurin, who assumed office on 1 Jan 2018.